- Forms for Submission of Dossier for Listing into the Ministry of Health Medicines Formulary (MOHMF)
- Ministry of Health Medicines Formulary (MOHMF) Information Update Request Form
- Guidelines for Submission of Dossier for Listing into the Ministry of Health Medicines Formulary
- Pharmacy Quality Improvement Initiatives Sharing Seminar 2023
- Qualifying Examination to Practice Pharmacy
Jalan Universiti (Jalan Prof Diraja Ungku Aziz),
46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS OF THE MEDICINES PRICE MECHANISM
Regulatory Impact Analysis (RIA) is a systematic process of identifying and assessing the likely impact of the proposed regulation using a consistent analytical method, such as cost-benefit analysis (CBA). RIA is a requirement by Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC) for any agencies intended to implement changes in the regulation. The output of RIA is intended to inform policymakers on the efficiency and effectiveness of all the available options and determine the optimal design of the proposed regulation. Thus, Pharmaceutical Services Programmed (PSP) was committed to conducting RIA on implementing the Medicines Price Mechanism (MPM) intended to regulate medicines prices in the private sector under the Price Control dan Anti-Profiteering Act 2011 (Act 723). Following that, PSP, in collaboration with the MPC, has conducted a CBA for implementing MPM. The CBA aims to measure the economic impact of implementing the MPM over 15 years on the affected stakeholders, namely the government, consumers, pharmaceutical industry, private healthcare service providers and insurance providers.